[linux-dvb] m920x device: Genius TVGo DVB-T02Q

Pere Blay pereblay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 19:11:08 CEST 2007


Hi again after a long time,

I'm still here, and still decided to make this device work, slowly,
but advancing...

I ventured myself into the dark reign of coding and re-designed the
patch that i initially applied, i think that this chance in a smarter
way (but judge yourself, i'm not even a programmer :P)

Well, attached is the patch, I got the patch with the "hg diff" command.

I think i also got a much better firmaware by means of usb-lg-dumping,
the line with "40 22 01 00 69 ff 00 00" was included this time in the
logs, as Aapo suggested that i shold check. Attached is also the new
firmware (don't know if afterall attaching it will be useless, maybe
it is :P) Now it weigths some nice 5.3 Kb (much better than before).

Ok.. with all that done.. this is what 'dmesg' lets me know about what
happened after plugging the device:

[ 8752.980000] usb 2-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 10
[ 8753.120000] usb 2-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[ 8753.240000] dvb-usb: found a 'Genius TVGo DVB-T02Q' in cold state,
will try to load a firmware
[ 8753.248000] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-t02q-01.fw'
[ 8753.252000] dvb_usb_m920x: probe of 2-3:1.0 failed with error -22
[ 8753.252000] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_m920x

What does this error -22 mean? I hope it is something related to my
re-coding of the patch (blind coding, i should warm you) Becouse it's
really very hard to find time to use someone elses winxp box to get
all those usb logs (i run everything i own on linux) :P Some hints on
how to solve this error?

Ok, thanks for your help, and sorry for my slowness.
Cheers,
Pere Blay




2007/6/27, Aapo Tahkola <aet at rasterburn.org>:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:09:50 +0200
> "Pere Blay" <pereblay at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > well, i still can't even scan channels... i lack the
> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 device (that's what 'scan' from dvb-utils
> > complains for...
> >
> > and actually that os what dmesg tells me in the output:
> >
> >
> > [  297.476000] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'MSI Mega Sky 580
> > DVB-T USB2.0'
> >
> > (that was already in the dmesg dump i sent before)
> >
> > so...
> >
> > 1) how to make this device be happy with its own firmware? (or how to
> > check that if the firmware i got through snoopypro and m920_sp_parse
> > is ok or needs to be improved?)
>
> Firmware you found was most likely too short. Binary file size should
> be about 3.3K. Take a look at http://rafb.net/p/0t085M48.html
>
> Line "000439:  OUT: 000001 ms 000439 ms 40 22 01 00 69 ff 00 00 >>>" is
> the important one here that you need to find in order to verify that
> you havent missed anything. I think m920_sp_parse one bug that prevents
> it from generating proper file when reading from usbsnoop. Anyway, let
> me know when you find a dump with either 69ff(usbsnoop uses
> different byte ordering) or ff69.
>
> >
> > 2) what kind of test can i apply to guess what is the right frontend
> > and what parameters to use in the m920.c file in order to get it
> > loaded when the device is connected?
>
> Used components can be identified by looking at usb dumps. You can also
> open your device if you wish. Though, we will need some logs anyway.
>
> --
> Aapo Tahkola
>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: new_patch
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 5130 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20070815/98c9f828/attachment-0002.obj 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: new_fw_150807
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 5396 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20070815/98c9f828/attachment-0003.obj 


More information about the linux-dvb mailing list