[linux-dvb] NOVA-T 500 PCI power-off problem & fix

Harald Gustafsson hgu1972 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 23:00:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

I noticed that on my motherboard (Abit iL-90 MV) using the latest (tested
using todays source, but also with the source from 5th Aug, i.e. after the
drivers using the new firmware) drivers for the Hauppauge NOVA-T 500 PCI
sometimes has problems completely power off. I managed to solve the problem
by doing "sudo modprobe -r dvb_usb_dib0700 mt2060" before the shutdown. Has
worked for the last 6 shutdowns, earlier about 25% worked. This is on a
Ubuntu 7.04 2.6.20 64-bit kernel. I'm quite sure the problem started when
using the newest firmware & newest drivers.

Harald