[linux-dvb] bus control

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 23:34:05 CEST 2007

>> My plan goes this way.
>>
>> * dvb-usb provides the real I2C bus.
>> * the Host BIU is registered, which registers Virtual Bus #0 and #1
>> * the MASTER demod get's attached to VBus #0 - 0
>> * the MASTER tuner get's attached as a SLAVE on to the MASTER demod on
>> VBus #0 - 1
>> * the SLAVE demod get's attached to VBus #1
>> * the SLAVE tuner get's attached as a SLAVE on to the SLAVE demod on VBus #1 - 0
>> * firmware is downloaded via VBus #0 to the Host

After some efforts, i got to a stage where most things are done, except
for some small issues that i find a bit nasty.

Most of the nastiness can be seen in af901x_biu.c (i have added in the
comments near the relative areas)
The major issue that i face is that dvb-usb sees the Bus Interface as 2
objects (in the dual demod configuration), since there are 2 frontend's
being attached. (I don't see any clean way where i can do the BIU config
and or BIU specific access, which in fact happens only once)

Since i got a bit stuck up with frontend attach itself, temporarily left
out the firmware copy part.

Comments and thoughts would be interesting.

Thanks,
Manu