[linux-dvb] FREECOM TNT USB Stick (25451)

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Sun Aug 19 00:26:29 CEST 2007

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007, RENOUARD Jean-Patrick wrote:

> also, what is PID Filtering used to ?
> I've seen in the Freecom source code that DVB_USB_ADAP_HAS_PID_FILTER is
> used.
> Does that mean that the device suport USB1.1 ?

That means it might work under USB 1.1, because it only passes on packets
with the right PIDs meaning that the bandwidth required will probably fit
into USB 1.1.

> Also on this link (
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices ), Freecom DVB-T
> USB Stick (25451 rev3) is marked as USB2.0 and not USB1.1 but the
> WT-220U chipset seens to be the same that in the others devices.

This may not be the current Freecom DVB-T USB Stick though. I bought one
in April 2006, and mine uses the ZL0353 chip which I believe is a later
revision than the one you are considering. This only works on USB 2.0
unless I apply a kernel patch (which I posted to this list some time ago)
because one of the data channels is isoc under USB 1.1 and bulk under
USB 2.0.

	Michael Young