[linux-dvb] [RFC] Hybrid tuner refactoring, phase 1

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Tue Aug 21 14:50:13 CEST 2007


Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>>> I didn't reviewed yet the tea5767 changes. I expect to do it later this
>>> week (maybe today night).
>>>       
>> Thank you -- I appreciate that.
>>     
>
> I did just a quick test yesterday. I didn't analyzed the source code
> yet. Basically, tea5767 didn't work:
> i2c_adapter i2c-0: sendbytes: error - bailout.
> It is not a TEA5767. Received -14 bytes.
>
> It seems that I2C reported -EFAULT (-14) to the autoprobe code. Since
> tea5767 weren't detected, TVF-5533MF were also missdetected as address
> 0x60, instead of 0x61.
>   
Mauro,

Thank you for testing -- otherwise we might not have noticed this
problem right away.

I have found the problem, and corrected it in my tree.  During the
autodetection function, an i2c read operation was unintentionally
converted into an i2c write operation -- that is fixed now.

Please update and test again.


Cheers,

Mike



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list