[linux-dvb] Problem with dvbnet on Ubuntu

Michael Harpe mharpe79 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 06:05:46 CEST 2007

I have a new PCI Technisat DVB card installed and it seems to work fine. I am working on receiving a datacast from our local PBS station. dvbsnoop sees the traffic on the right PID (8099) and dvbstream sends it back out fine.

I would like to use the dvbnet-created interface. I create the interface with dvbnet, give it an IP address, put it in promiscuous mode and no packets tick. I don't see any traffic out this interface. This stream is an IP stream being sent in IEC38016? format.

My distro is Ubuntu 7.0.4 aka Feisty Fawn.

Thanks!

Mike Harpe, N4PLE
Sellersburg, IN