[linux-dvb] [closed] Re: hardware recommendation DVB-T USB

Boris Andratzek Boris.Andratzek at cation.de
Mon Aug 27 15:49:33 CEST 2007

On Mo, 27.08.2007, 12:45, Emilio Castellano wrote:
> Boris Andratzek wrote:
>> Hej all,
>>

>> after having to learn that my old DVB-T hardware is making too much
>> trouble, I decided to spend some Euros to buy a new one.
>>
>> Now before I do this, I want to ask you for your recommendation for the
>> right choice of DVB-T USB stick. It has to support USB 1.1 for my laptop
>> is not 2.0 compatible. And it should be a small and smart thing with
>> least
>> troubles in linux support!
>>
>> So what do you recommend?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Boris
>>
> Have a look to the linuxtv.org wiki, there's well documented.
> I found Hauppage Nova-T working fairly well.

Hej Emilio, hej all,

I have to apologize for not closing this thread faster:

Finally, I managed to make my old hardware work, so there is no need for
me to seek a new one....

Maybe it could be a useful addition to the hardware list on the wiki
pages, that there is a Bug in Kernel 2.6.18 that makes my Twinhan MagicBox
USB 1.1 not working. It works with 2.6.20 (and obviously with others)!

Boris