No subject

Wed Aug 29 02:32:41 CEST 2007

After the problem, the command 'lsusb' hangs. I forgot to mention that
in my previous report. A 'kill -9' of the lsusb process does not remove
the process. Its state is 'D' using ps (must hang somewhere in the =

I cannot unload the DVB modules. Under v4l source tree:

$ make unload
scripts/ unload
found 209 modules
/sbin/rmmod dib3000mc
ERROR: Module dib3000mc is in use
/sbin/rmmod dibx000_common
ERROR: Module dibx000_common is in use by dib3000mc
/sbin/rmmod mt2060
ERROR: Module mt2060 is in use

I found no other solution than rebooting the system again !

-Thierry Lel=E9gard

-----Message d'origine-----
De : linux-dvb-bounces at =
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounces at] De la part de Thierry Lelegard
Envoy=E9 : jeudi 20 septembre 2007 14:40
=C0 : 'Nicolas Will'; linux-dvb at
Objet : [linux-dvb] RE : Frontend device "disappearing" with =

> You are using old code with an old firmware, and running into a known =
> I would suggest that you get the new stuff, including the latest test =

If have updated the drivers and firmware.

I got the firmware file dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw and renamed it as
dvb-usb-dib0700-03-pre1.fw in /lib/firmware to match the file name
from v4l/dib0700_devices.c

It works fine. I will now check that my frontend device no longer
disappear after a few days. Without further reply from me on this
topic, you may assume that the problem is actually fixed.

Thanks again for your help
-Thierry Lel=E9gard

linux-dvb mailing list
linux-dvb at