[linux-dvb] Problem with Afatech 9016 device in "Typhoon Movie Stick"

Thorsten Jordan Thorsten_Jordan at gmx.de
Sat Dec 1 11:14:44 CET 2007

Dear developers,

i have bought a "Typhoon Movie Stick" that is sold with different
hardware in it. I got one with Afatech 9016 device (USB id 15a4:9016),
which i got partly to work with the driver from afatech itself (the one
that comes with patched linux-dvb-tree).

The problem: the chip tunes to a frequency, but snr is zero, biterror
rate astronomical high. Does anyone know such behaviour - or is it
likely a hardware fault?
I would need to install windows to check the latter.

I read that one of you is trying to integrate Afatechs driver into the
linux dvb tree, which may later get integrated in official kernel as
well. This makes hope - if the device doesn't work because of problems
in the driver...

Thanks for any comments.

--
Regards, Thorsten