[linux-dvb] nobody using snd-usb-audio here, I am getting crazy.

kevin liu lwtbenben at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:44:28 CET 2007

Dear,
   Thanks for your advice.

> You didn't provide much information about what does not work. But here
> are some things you might want to try:
>
> $ aplay -l
> And see which card number your tv-card has been assigned to. Replace
> $CARDNUMBER with this number in the following.

   I got a strange problem using aplay -l.                         :-(
   when I use cat /proc/asound/cards, I got this output:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
kevin at ubuntukevin:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
                     HDA Intel at 0xcddf8000 irq 16
 1 [Controlle      ]: USB-Audio - USB 2.0 Video Capture Controlle
                     Syntek Semiconductor USB 2.0 Video Capture
Controlle at usb-0000:00:1d.7-4, hig
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
   There two sound cards detected, the second one is my tv card's
standard audio stream interface.
   But if I use aplay -l, I got this
kevin at ubuntukevin:~$ aplay -l
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: CMI9880 [CMI9880]
 Subdevices: 0/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: CMI9880 Digital [CMI9880 Digital]
 Subdevices: 1/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0