[linux-dvb] Problem with Hauppauge Nova-TD

Luca luca.piccioni at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 22:49:31 CET 2007

I have this DVB-T USB device:

It seem supported by difference sources:

(PCI ID 2040:9580).

I tried to find the correct firmware, I loaded/unloaded drivers for all
the day (dib0700 is the correct one, right?), but nothing happens:

dmesg reports:

Dec 12 22:02:25 sirius kernel: dib0700: loaded with support for 2
different device-types
Dec 12 22:02:25 sirius kernel: usbcore: registered new interface driver

The firmware name is dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw and it's located to
/lib/firmware/`uname -r`/... I'm not sure I have the correct firmware (I
tried to get it from Windows driver installation and from web, but I
didn't found anything intersting).

I'm so sad... I don't know if it's a software bug, and wrong firmware or
something else.

I have installed a linux kernel 2.6.22-14. What am I missing?

Many thanks to everyone.