[linux-dvb] firmware xc3028-v27.fw ?

cromworshipper-linuxdvb at yahoo.com cromworshipper-linuxdvb at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 30 03:57:06 CET 2007

Hi Steven.

----- Original Message ----
From: Steven Toth <stoth at linuxtv.org>
To: cromworshipper-linuxdvb at yahoo.com
Cc: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 6:15:33 PM
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] firmware xc3028-v27.fw ?

cromworshipper-linuxdvb at yahoo.com wrote:
> I installed two items in my machine recently
> 1) Hauppage hvr950
> 2) Hauppage pvr 1800
>
> To get them to work, I built and installed from
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb.  The compile and install went well,
 but I
> get the following in /var/log/messages:
>
> xc2028 2-0061: Error: firmware xc3028-v27.fw not found
>
> Is that for the 1800 card?   I haven't been able to find that
 firmware.
> Would that be extracted from the driver CD?  I might have tossed it
 out...

No, the HVR1800 does not use that xc3028 driver, it's asking for the
firmware for the HVR950.

For digital ATSC or QAM, the HVR1800 is working nicely with the current

v4l-dvb build.

I know the HVR950 is supported (with various patches?), but I don't
 know
much about getting it to work. Have you tried the linuxtv.org wiki?

- Steve

Yes I have.  I've lost track of the exact thread, but if I recall correctly, the 950 is supported by the em28xx module in the mainline tree.  I haven't been able to find a page dedicated to it.  Did I miss it?  Is the mailing list the only way to keep track of which hardware is supported by which module?

Now that you mention it, there is also http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/hvr950/ but I don't want to have conflicts between the dvb modules there and the ones in the mainline tree.  Besides, since it is 13 months old, I imagine it has been merged to the mainline tree.  Is that not true.

If the HVR 1800 is supposed to work then it must /dev/dvb/adapter0, right?  Is there a way verify that?

Thanks for your help, Steven.

John