[linux-dvb] Satelco EasyWatch DVB-C -- can't find channels

Tommi Kärkkäinen tommi.karkkainen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 18:23:48 CET 2007

Hello,

I bought a Satelco EasyWatch DVB-C card. I downloaded the newest source
form linuxtv.org with Mercurial and compiled and installed the drivers.
The /dev/dvb directory wasn't created. Then I applied this patch[1] and
retried. The device files under /dev/dvb were now created and Kaffeine
happily let me explore its DVB functionality.

Unfortunately I can't find any channels. During the search I get an SNR
of 100% all the time, while signal is 0%. I've tried stabbing
budget_av.c even a bit further with no luck.

I'm not sure which modules I should load, I'm fairly sure I need at
least saa1746, tda10021, budget_av and dvb_ttpci. anything else?

Here's what lspci -vv says:

05:06.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
         Subsystem: KNC One Unknown device 002c
         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
 >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
         Latency: 32 (3750ns min, 9500ns max)
         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 66
         Region 0: Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

I'm using Kubuntu Edgy with kernel 2.6.17.

Any ideas are appreciated.

[1] http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-January/015155.html

--
Tommi Kärkkäinen