[linux-dvb] Nova-T USB stick problem

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 21:02:46 CET 2007

I demand that Neil Crane may or may not have written...

> I've just bought a Nova-T USB stick (which receives DVB-T).

> I'm running 2.6.20-rc6 (could this be the problem?), and although a scan of
> dmseg output indicates the frontend is properly initialised, I receive a
> stream of 'mt2060 I2C read failed' messages when I attempt to tune the
> device (eg using the scan utility), and don't establish a signal lock.

USB ID?

I'm aware of at least two variants. Suffice it to say that I have no problems
with mine (2040:7050) for receiving TV channels...

However, neither scan nor rb-download [1] work with it. scan always fails
with filter timeouts on PIDs 0x0011 and 0x0000, and rb-download always
reports "unable to read PAT" if given a service ID, else "unable to read
SDT".

[1] MHEG engine; http://redbutton.sourceforge.net/

|   Let's keep the pound sterling

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.