[linux-dvb] Videomate DVB-T300

Vaughan Famularo peppercorn at netspace.net.au
Fri Feb 2 07:48:39 CET 2007

Hi everyone.

I am new to this list and this is my first post. I am really hoping that
some of you may be able to help me get this new DVB card working
correctly. It is a Videomate DVB-T300.

I am using PClinuxOS and the 2.6-16 kernel.

I have spent hours reading the archives and around the net but it has'nt
got me very far.

I am hoping that someone can help me understand how to get it working
for real use within Mythtv or at least within Xawtv so I can take it
from there.

PClinuxOS is similar to Mandriva if you are unaware of the distro.

Well, within the Control Centre of Pclos the DVB-T300 is recognised and
has modules noted.

But if I load them manually or not I cannot get the card to work in
Mythtv.

I am unsure whether I should set it up as 2 seperate cards, one Digital
and one Analogue because of the cards inability to play analogue and
Digital signals at the same time.
Can someone answer that one for me??????????

I'll leave it at this point just in case this is the wrong forum or I am
expecting too much from my first post OK!!??

Thanks for any help. It is MUCH appreciated!

Graham