[linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C - Unknown Device

Georg Acher acher at in.tum.de
Fri Feb 2 13:47:22 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 07:58:27AM +0200, Tomi Orava wrote:
> Uh, I did not mean to imply anything about your drivers license. I more or
> less meant that the driver in ReelBox-repo is for an unknown card using
> the TDA10023 frontend which might not be 1:1 compatible with Terratec
> and/or Satelco etc.

The RB has only raw tuner slots with parallel TS data and I2C, the DMA/PCI
stuff sits on the mainboard. In that sense, there's only one DMA "card"
driver, but different tuner drivers depending on the slot ID. I don't have
the Terratec card, so I don't know where the difference in the HW setup is.

> Anyway, it's great to see that your driver has been licensed in GPL and I
> thank you for doing it :)

Well, it's derived from tda10021, so there's no other possibility anyway...
> I neglected to mention that getting a lock seems to work without problems.

Ok, then the hard part is already working...

> I changed the inittab line:
> but without success. It might of course be that the I've made an obvious
> mistake in merging the driver with the 2.6.20-rc7 kernel version.

The problems seems to be in the TS interface. There are a few operation
modes, they differ mainly in the way the clock is stretched and/or gated. As
I said, I don't know the requirements of the TS input of the Terratec
> I compared the AFC-values to another Hauppauge/Technotrend DVB-C 1.0 card

The AFC part is different anyway. And if you already have a lock, it's not
anything in the reception itself.

> I did ask for the programming specs for the TDA10023 from nxp.com but got
> an email saying that document is not available for public. They suggested
> asking from card manufacturer ...

Huh? They are saying that the card manufacturer should break their NDA with
NXP? Strange.

         Georg Acher, acher at in.tum.de