[linux-dvb] HD-3000 and nVidia conflict?

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Fri Feb 2 09:38:09 CET 2007

On Fri, February 2, 2007 3:52 am, CityK wrote:
> This is a continuation of an earlier thread, the beginning of which can
> be found here:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-November/014220.html
> Sorry I broke the threading, but I guess I deleted the earlier emails.
>
> Anyway, see
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1146063#post1146063 and
> the links to the mythtv m/l
>
> Seems Rusty was near the mark in regards to power supply.

Thats very interesting as I'm seeing the same sort of problem with a
Hauppauge HVR3000 and an NVIDIA graphics card and was just wondering how
to go about finding a fix.

I see the same thing in that if I watch live TV via DVB-S then I have see
loads of picture break up.  However if I just record TV from DVB-S and
watch later then the quality is fine.

I'd also add that I don't have this problem using the card under Windows
on the same box, so could this be a driver problem?

Robert.