[linux-dvb] [Fwd: problem with bttv8xx from v4l-dvb-hg]

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Wed Feb 7 05:50:13 CET 2007

m.hataj at gmail.com wrote:

> hi,
> i'm on gentoo linux and 'd been using my twinhan dvb-t until the update to
> v4l-dvb-hg.
>
> after tweaking my kernel, it's just one error left:
>
> *Code:*
>
> dvb_bt8xx: Unknown symbol dvb_pll_lg_tdvs_h06xf

This symbol would be found in the dvb-pll module.  I just checked in the 2.6.16.y
build system, and this module is automatically built if CONFIG_DVB_CORE is selected.

see here:

http://www2.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-2.6.16.y.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/dvb/frontends/Makefile;h=1af769cd90c021d16d2e3e969306c0df4f508f8d;hb=HEAD

So, why don't you have dvb-pll?

...the easiest way to fix this would be to install the newer v4l-dvb modules from
the hg tree on linuxtv.org.  See http://linuxtv.org/repo for details.

Otherwise, you can also just get a newer kernel. 2.6.20 was released a few days ago.

Cheers,

Mike Krufky