[linux-dvb] DVICO HDTV PCI and MythTV issue

Andy myidea72bvdl at straymail.com
Thu Feb 8 01:30:43 CET 2007

Hi All,

  I am hoping somebody on this list can help with a very annoying
problem using a DVICO HDTV PCI card with MythTV.

  The card works perfectly with Xine, but MythTV receives corrupted
audio (continuous machine gun like noise) with a good picture ONLY on
certain channels. Is anybody else experiencing this problem???

  I am in Sydney, Australia. The free to air stations that don't work
are all the Nine Network (Chn 9, 90, 99), Ten Network (Chn 1, 10 but 11
works!) and ABC Network (only 2 doesn't work). All other 15 or so
channels are received beautifully.

  Note, I used the "add 166667" trick on the frequency file for the Nine
Network in "dvb-t/au-sydney_north_shore" file of dvb-utils in order to
get a valid channels.conf. Xine uses this file perfectly receiving all
stations. I have let MythTV do it's own scan - it finds all stations. It
just can't receive the particular stations above. I have also tried
importing the above channels.conf file - exactly the same result.

  Is their a difference between the way Xine would tune the card and the
way MythTV would tune the card?

  I am using Fedora Core 6 (2.6.19-1.2895.fc6 #1 SMP i686 athlon i386)
and I am running MythTV installed using Yum from ATrpms
(mythtv-backend-0.20-151.fc6.at).

Many thanks,
Andy.