[linux-dvb] No IR-remote events with new budget_ci?

Jouni jouni76 at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 13 17:22:30 CET 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:43:44 +0100, "David Härdeman" <david at hardeman.nu>
said:

> Are you using the remote that was sold with the card or some other
> remote? Looking at the dmesg you posted, I think the rc5_device number
> of your remote is 5, so could you try loading the module with
> "rc5_device=5 ir_debug=1" and alternatively with "rc5_device=255
> ir_debug=1".

Yes - now it outputs keypress events! Both with 5 and 255. Thank You.

I am using a learning remote, which has same numpad keys and some other
keys as the one bundled with the card. And I also collected some
additional commands from other rc5(Philips)-remotes, so that all
available keys had a sensible key-event. But now this driver set has
different key-codes (?), so all but numkeys have changed names.

Would it be the best solution for me to make a custom ir-keymaps.c?

--
  Jouni
  jouni76 at fastmail.fm