[linux-dvb] No IR-remote events with new budget_ci?

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 13 19:30:21 CET 2007

I demand that Jouni may or may not have written...

[snip]
> I am using a learning remote, which has same numpad keys and some other
> keys as the one bundled with the card. And I also collected some additional
> commands from other rc5(Philips)-remotes, so that all available keys had a
> sensible key-event. But now this driver set has different key-codes (?), so
> all but numkeys have changed names.

If with the original remote control that is the case, then there's a bug (and
the card's PCI ID is needed so that it can be fixed).

> Would it be the best solution for me to make a custom ir-keymaps.c?

Given your use of Philips remote controls too, I'd say so.

| + Lobby friends, family, business, government.    WE'RE KILLING THE PLANET.

Wit has truth in it. Wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words.