[linux-dvb] No IR-remote events with new budget_ci?

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Tue Feb 13 21:14:24 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 06:30:21PM +0000, Darren Salt wrote:
>I demand that Jouni may or may not have written...
>
>[snip]
>> I am using a learning remote, which has same numpad keys and some other
>> keys as the one bundled with the card. And I also collected some additional
>> commands from other rc5(Philips)-remotes, so that all available keys had a
>> sensible key-event. But now this driver set has different key-codes (?), so
>> all but numkeys have changed names.
>
>If with the original remote control that is the case, then there's a bug (and
>the card's PCI ID is needed so that it can be fixed).
>
>> Would it be the best solution for me to make a custom ir-keymaps.c?
>
>Given your use of Philips remote controls too, I'd say so.

I would recommend that you use input-kbd from input-utils to create a
custom keymap and load it each time your machine boots. This way you
won't have to change any sources and you'll be sure that it will keep on
working (I use input-kbd to set keymaps with my learning remote).

If you're unsure how to do it, I could write something up later this
week.

--
David Härdeman