[linux-dvb] 2.6.20 -> saa i2c messages

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 15 17:08:04 CET 2007

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Any idea what to change/try next?
> SAA7146_I2C_DELAY?
> How can I test the i2c to the cards thoroughly without rebooting?
> (iscdump?)

I found that when running 2.6.20 I can do i2cdump -y  2 0x68 without
problem, so it appears that i2c for my TerraTec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S is
OK. (i2cdetect gives me:
  Installed I2C busses:
    i2c-2       i2c             TerraTec Cinergy 1200 DVB-S
    i2c-1       i2c             Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-T
    i2c-0       smbus           SMBus Via Pro adapter at 0500)

i2cdump -y  1 0x08 and i2cdetect 1 on the other hand give not much
output. So what is different for the Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-T?
What is different between and 2.6.20?

Any ideas?

Kind regards,