[linux-dvb] dvb_usb_dib0700 based devices and random usb disconnects

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Mon Feb 19 01:39:07 CET 2007

Arnold Schulz wrote:
> Looks like the problem of Nova-T-500, which also uses dib0700 !?!
> There have been several posts in this list, eg:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-February/015716.html

Yes, that's looks like the same problem.

We haven't got a solution, however we've found that using the 2.6.20
kernel greatly improves stability.  Using the 2.6.19 kernel I got Oops'
every day or two, but since upgrading to 2.6.20, it's only disconnected
once in about 3 weeks.   So it's not perfect, but it's much, much better.

I asked a few questions in the linux-usb-dev mailing list.  And one of
the developers thought this might have been caused by a bug that only
got fixed post-2.6.20.  I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but you
can read about it here: