[linux-dvb] Lost frontend
timbelina at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 21:24:35 CET 2007
I might be able to help (as unlikely as that seems to me :-) I have
a mythtv box which runes SuSE 10.0 on AMD64, and which uses two
Avermedia 771 cards. Its worked almost perfectly now for a year-ish;
the only problem that happens is that very rarely (about once every 4
months) the frontends vanish, and can be a real pain to recover.
Anyhow, here is what I do when this happens:
When everything works, I note how the cards should be configured:
Number Card Name
0-TV Bt878 Driver bttv
0-DVB Avermedia DVB-T 771 Driver bt878, driver mt352
1-DVB Avermedia DVB-T 771
- The mt352 is the Zarlink MT352 DVB-T Demodulator Driver
- The DVB entries are the front-ends I think. Anyhow,
they require two drivers/kernel modules, as shown above.
- Modprobe the drivers/kernel modules.
- I need to shutdown and then restart the computer
between changes. Restart is not enough.
- I seem to need to run the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script as root
to create the /dev devices.
- Shutdown and then start up lots.
I hope this helps; let me know if I can provide any other info.
More information about the linux-dvb