[linux-dvb] Hauppage WinTV Nova-T poor signal problems

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Wed Feb 21 23:36:22 CET 2007

Ricky Schneberger wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have problems with my Nova-t. I got almost no signalstrength at all. I have
> tried with an Avermedia 777 DVB-t and everything works perfectly. Is there
> some kind of parameter that will gain the signal on the nova-t. card?

I also have both those cards, and experienced the same problem.  You
need to enable the low noise amplifier in the Nova-T.

You need to set the module following module option:  force_lna_activation=1

See:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#DiBcom_USB2.0_DVB-T_devices_.28based_on_the_DiB0700.29

Matt