[linux-dvb] Anubis Electronics "Lifeview"(0x10fd:0x1513) (was: msi digivox mini ii)

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Sun Feb 25 01:34:37 CET 2007

Pierre Willenbrock schrieb:
> Michael Krufky schrieb:
>> Pierre Willenbrock wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> I am owner of a "MSI DIGIVOX mini-II". I got it to work using the
>>> attached patch and firmware. The patch and firmware are the result of
>>> analyzing some usb logs from windows.
>>>
>>> The patch breaks all users of tda10046, as i don't understand how that
>>> chip is supposed to work. The same goes for my driver implementation of
>>> the Philips 8275a.
>>>
>>> So this mess needs to be fixed before it can go into the repository.
>>>
>>> The patch is against a fresh hg checkout from
>>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb at 2007-02-22 21:00 UTC.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>   Pierre
>> Pierre-
>>
>> I am very happy to hear that you got this device working...  Interestingly
>> enough, we have already created a new tda827x dvb fe module, which might be
>> better for your device...  This new tda827x module has not yet been merged into
>> the master v4l-dvb repository, but it will be soon.  Could you try to use the
>> code located in:
>>
>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hhackmann/v4l-dvb
>>
>> The tda827x module will be able to detect the difference between the tda8275 and
>> the tda8275a ...  You do not have to fill the callback functions in the config
>> struct -- that is really meant as a hack for some required GPIO handling in the
>> saa7134-dvb driver for input switching.
>>
>> If you can generate a new patch against the repository above, it would make it
>> _much_ easier to integrate your patch into the sources.   After you get that
>> done, we can work out the tda1004x differences.
>>
>> You might also want to speak to aett and friedrich, regulars of the #linuxtv irc
>> chat room on irc.freenode.net ... aet is the author of the m920x driver, and
>> friedrich has the same device that you have.  They have been working on it, but
>> haven't yet gotten successful results.
>>
>> Good work!  Hopefully we can clean this up after you generate a new patch using
>> the tda827x module from hhackmann's repository.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike Krufky
>>

> Thanks for the pointer.
> I am going to try to get my device to work with hhackmanns repository
> over the weekend and talk back when i have something working. This will
> probably need a few additions to the tda1004x driver, though(Mostly
> caused by lazyness and misunderstanding).

hi again,

here is the patch against http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb at 2007-02-25
00:16 UTC. I could not get my device to work with the original bandwidth
settings, so you will find the "if" hard coded to 4.75MHz in tda827x.c
(Usable for uhf. There is a small bug fix and probable improvement in
there, too). Consequently, "set_bandwidth" in tda1004x.c is completely
replaced. The rest of the changes probably accumulates to another set of
gpio settings. Again, this patch breaks all other users of tda827x.c and
tda1004x.c.

Regards,
  Pierre