[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T 500 (dvb_usb_dib0700) usb disconnects

Antti P Miettinen ananaza at iki.fi
Wed Feb 28 15:15:31 CET 2007

Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher at desy.de> writes:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Antti P Miettinen wrote:
>> I did not power cycle the machine, but I did override the cold/warm
>> check in the dvb-usb module and log shows that the new fw got
>> loaded. But I'll also check after power cycling the machine when I get
>> home.
>
> That does not work. You cannot download a firmware again without reboot
> (with your card).
>
> When you download the firmware again state of the device is undefined.

I did reboot the machine but I did not power cycle it. I noticed
earlier that new firmware does not get loaded upon machine reboot -
the dvb-usb found the card in warm state and did not load firmware.
So machine reboot and forcing firmware load is not enough?

But anyway - I'll be power cycling the machine real soon now :-)

--
http://www.iki.fi/~ananaza/