[linux-dvb] Support for "AverTV Hybrid+RM Volar USB" (A828)

Ben Hodgetts (Enverex) ben at atomnet.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 11:26:40 CET 2007

Hi, I bought this the other day after a lot of hassle as it's the only
device I've ever seen that does everything I want... problem is their
"Linux Support" which they claim is virtually non existant. After buying
it I download the driver only to find it's version 0.03 (reassuring) and
only supports x86 (I'm on x86_64) which left me screwed. So I still
can't use it.

I was wondering if anyone is working on an actual Linux kernel driver
for this? I assume it would be much easier to implement than something
with no support as they provide the source to build their kernel driver
with
(http://www.avermedia.com/software/AVERMEDIA-Linux-A828-0.03-beta.zip -
you run the script, tell it where to put it in expert mode and it
downloads the source).

So, is there any chance of getting this to work or do I have just more
dead hardware? :(

Ex.