[linux-dvb] Missing dependencies in *.ko files

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Jan 7 12:53:06 CET 2007

I'm using a modified version of the v4l/scripts/rmmod.pl script to
be able to state only the high level driver modules I know I need to
load, and have the script find out what other modules these depend on
and automatically load them, too, as in

  rmmod.pl load dvb-ttpci budget

for a system with full featured and budget DVB cards.
See ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Developer/rmmod.pl for my version of the script

If I use the latest driver from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb-av7110-refactoring
there are apparently dependencies missing in some *.ko files, so my script
can't find out which additional modules to load.

For example, /sbin/modinfo -F depends dvb-ttpci.ko returns

while in the driver version as of 2006-11-04 it returns

Is there something wrong, or am I missing something here?