[linux-dvb] Cam Menu?

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Sun Jan 7 23:02:49 CET 2007

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 08:32:27PM +0100, David Härdeman wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 07:07:05PM +0000, Andrew Lyon wrote:
>>Really not sure what is wrong, I can leave it playing a encrypted
>>channel for days at a time, but if I change channels a few times it
>>stops working, I have a feeling perhaps the cam is not responding
>>quickly enough to commands, are there any timeout values I could try
>>changing?
>
>If you're feeling adventurous, you might try recompiling MythTV. In
>mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dvbcam.cpp, function DVBCam::CiHandlerLoop(),
>there is a usleep(250) which I suspect is way to low. The CI
>specification (EN50221) says it's fine to poll every 100ms, so try
>setting it to 90000 or so (this ain't 100% correct because MythTV might
>still want the shorter timeout to read replies etc...but it's a start if
>you want to spend some effort debugging).

I know this was a long time ago, but it might interest you that I got
two patches committed to the MythTV repo today which improves the loop
timeout, adds proper per-100ms polling and implements support for the
DVB time (all in all, those patches should help you).

Expect to see the new functionality in 0.21.

--
David Härdeman