[linux-dvb] HVR3000 Analogue tuner problems

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Tue Jan 9 18:33:51 CET 2007

Simon Bazley wrote:
> Robert,
> 	What commands have you had success with, to get sound working?  If I use arecord and aplay I get a 2 second lag, so the lip sync is out.  If I use
> sox I get pitch shifting and other resampling problems (the frame was in the right place but obviously the out wasn't getting the same amount of data
> as the in).

Something along the lines of (from memory)

	arecord -D hw:1,0 -f S16_LE -c 2 -r 48000 | aplay

I did originally have the problem that the audio was initially in sync,
but very quickly drifted out of sync with the picture I was watching in
xawtv.  But last time I tried it this was fine.

> 	Simon
>
> P.S. I'm in a position now to try a few things rebooting this machine repeatedly.  Where did you find out about cx88xx module options?  I'll try a
> number of things and see what success I get.

I simply used 'modinfo cx88xx' and guessed at some values.

I've also seen suggested that 'options tuner port2=-1' might help, but
it never seemed to do me any good, and I can't begin to guess at what it
  might do so I don't have that set at the minute.