[linux-dvb] MSI TV @nywhere a/d support

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Fri Jan 12 23:10:55 CET 2007

Am Freitag, den 12.01.2007, 15:38 +1100 schrieb Peter D.:
> On Friday 12 January 2007 10:35, hermann pitton wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > That might depend on if your au-Adelaide (?) initial scan file is
> > already tda10046 safe. It needs correct values. Other frontends are more
> > tolerant and this can break it for you.
>
> I forgot about that.  I have two tuner cards and they differ in their
> capabilities when presented with wrong configuration files.  Be warned that
> there are many places that such a config file can be lurking - especially
> if you are playing with multiple applications.
>
> I'm in Melbourne if you are interested in my configuration of Kaffeine.
>
> > Usually, if using "scan" from mercurial dvb-apps, it is best to set all
> > to AUTO there except freq. and bandwidth.
> >
> > This works fine for me on all 8MHz transponders, but my single 7MHz one
> > won't do it that way. Might differ for you. I think people had already
> > success also with 7MHz stuff.
> >
> > Another known pitfall with the tda10046 is that in Australia reportedly
> > offsets of 167000Hz are in use. You might try with modified scan files
> > with such positive and negative offsets.
> >
> > If all works once, and also the other inputs are tested, to add the card
> > to auto detection should be a minor problem.
> > The chip listing in the bttv-gallery.de is also not complete.
> > I would like to see a candidate for the IR controller ;)
>
> Do you want any information about the remote?

I was wondering if it has also the new KS003 i2c controller like the MSI
TV at nywhere Plus and so many other cards recently. (KS007 too)

Now, after looking at Philip's pictures it is obviously something else.
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-September/012646.html

The 14pin chip with the 16MHz crystal is the IR controller.
According to Philip the keydown/up is connected to gpio18.
If mask_keycode 0x0 doesn't reveal anything on the gpios it likely is no
gpio remote.

The golden circular marking on the chip makes me believe it could be one
from MDT. I have a MDT2005ES on a Flyvideo3000, but this one has 18
instead of 14 pins and clear traces to the gpios.

Is this one known ? I don't think we saw it yet on analogue cards.

Cheers,
Hermann