[linux-dvb] Is that a "full" dvb-s2 card ?

Markus Koßmann mkossmann_ml1 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 14 13:20:11 CET 2007

Am Sonntag, 14. Januar 2007 11:52 schrieb Harald Milz:
> Gregoire Favre <Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > just found out this :
> > http://www.micronas.com/pressroom/index.html?doc=980306
> > (Micronas introduces DVB-S2 PCIe design to tune and decode H.264 at
> > HD-quality for media PCs (813kB))
> >
> > Is that really a twin DVB-s2 card with onboard decompression ?
>
> BTW I'm missing a CI slot in the reference design. In Europe, DVB-S2
> broadcasts are likely to be encrypted only. I can't see where to attach a
> CAM.
The press release (
http://www.micronas.com/pressroom/press_releases/articles/149309/index.html?back=%2Fproducts%2Findex.html&newslang=1)
states:
The MicHognose 2D-X reference design supports free TV services and relies on
USB-attached conditional access solutions or Soft-CAM solutions for Pay TV
reception.