Recommended device list (Was Re: [linux-dvb] freecom dvb-t USB: use of radio and stream)

John Martin linuxtv at martin-family.org.uk
Sun Jan 14 21:08:23 CET 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 18:19, lynx.abraxas at freenet.de wrote:
> Is there a list of recommended devices to buy?
Can I echo this?  I would like to buy a DVB-S receiver, with CAM for Sky,
preferably USB 2.0, but PCI/PCIe is also OK.  However, trawling the website
and list for details of a 'good' device or device combination is not easy.  I
appreciate that there is a large number of variables to consider, but
assuming that people are prepared to recompile (bits of) the kernel, then it
should be possible to formulate a list of known good devices?  If that is not
possible, then can someone recommend me a DVB-S receiver, with a CAM that
works with Sky?

Many thanks,

John