[linux-dvb] Is that a "full" dvb-s2 card ?

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Mon Jan 15 07:17:55 CET 2007

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 12:19:57PM +0100, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> Harald Milz wrote:
> >BTW I'm missing a CI slot in the reference design. In Europe, DVB-S2
> >broadcasts are likely to be encrypted only. I can't see where to attach a
> >CAM.
> >
> For premiere/Canal+ this is true. ProSieben and SAT1 have FTA SVB-S2
> though, on Astra1.

By now. There are discussions about implementing a so-called basic
encryption for everything, though, and while ProsiebenSat1 has denied
to actually plan to encrypt their programme on Astra (PAL as well, mind
you) some weeks ago, RTIL has committed to go ahead. And ProsiebenSat1
has new owners, as you may know.

--
H:	If a 'GOBLIN (HOB) waylays you,
	Slice him up before he slays you.