[linux-dvb] DVB-S, TT S-1500, Hardware issue?

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 19 00:09:30 CET 2007

	Hi all,
I am trying since a while to make this card work. Each and every scan
was unsuccesfull, so after a few more tests with a working dish (a
buddy of mine with a working set top box), I have come to the
conclusion that my card might be broken (arghh it is new, but well). So
I moved it to the second slot of my mATX mobo and now the story has
slightly changed: the frontend is failing to load, and the debug
message from stv0299.c is "readreg error (reg == 0x00, ret == -121)"
whichi seems to say something about a bad i2c transfer. And now no more
frontend0 dev file. So what does this mean? I mean in the other slot
the card had a frontend driver loaded!
Could someone tell me what I can do now to further debug or is it just
broken and I should use the guarantee?
Thx
Bye
Manu