[linux-dvb] Technotrend DVB-T 1500

Mika Saari mika.saari at wipsl.com
Fri Jan 19 23:55:14 CET 2007

Hi,

  I do have Technotrend DVB-T 1500 card with CI module. I got the
firmware installed (217g) installed and seems that the kernel module
would be trying to load the code (claiming this because if I do not have
the firmware dvb-fe-tda10045.fw  in /lib/firmware reboot informs that
there is no firmware, but when booting with this firmware I get next
error.)

Error with firmware installed:
  budget-ci: A frontend driver was not found for device 1131/7146
subsystem 13c2/1012

lspci -v informs this:

00:0b.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH Unknown device 1012
        Memory at e2001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

  What might be the problem ? Is the firmware too old for this card
propably ? How could I extract the tda10045/46 firmware from 2.19h
drivers (in linux) ?

  Thank you very much for tips,
    -Mika