[linux-dvb] Re: TS interface card (PCI)

Francesco Schiavarelli kaboom at tiscalinet.it
Sun Jan 21 18:30:31 CET 2007

Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Does anyone know of any off-the-shelf Transport Stream Interface
> cards for PCI that are supported under Linux?  I need to roll-my-own
> video server to record a TS stream directly off a commercial
> C-band rack-mount receiver at our local PBS station.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Philip

You can try Dektec gears. They will give you GPL Linux kernel
module and a high level API bundled.
I own a DTU-2xx USB 2.0 box and it's working fine for
Transport Stream recording.

Though I'd love to see a non-tuning dvb module for this box
to make it available to every DVB API capable software (e.g. dvbstream).

One day I'll try to code something, but it can take ages
(I never wrote a kernel module...)

Francesco