[linux-dvb] af9005, remote with lircd

Andrew Leech andrew at floppyspongeonline.com
Mon Jan 22 00:25:37 CET 2007

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Andrew Leech ha escrit:
>
>> Hi Luca,
>> I _love_ the sound of that. Hopefully the AF9015 I've got does the
>> same thing, because that would be ideal for me.
>
> Looking at the documentation it seems it isn't the case: the af9015
> does the decoding internally. I may be wrong, though, since I just
> skimmed through the documentation.
>
> Bye
Yeah, now that I look you're right. The AF9015 does decoding, but you do
have some flexibility in that the chip supports RC6 and NEC protocols
and you can give the chip your own decoding table to set the key code
that the chip sends for each button, hence you can use the dongle as a
normal keyboard and make up a table that sets the keys you want.....I'll
have to look into it further if I find a remote I like that runs on
either of those protocols (ie any universal remote that has decent key
layout).

Either way, Luca I think you should definitely keep your module as a
generic lirc input driver, and possibly submit it for inclusion  in lirc
as opposed to inclusion into dvb. Just make a note of it in a text file
on the chip that can live in the Documentation directory.
*
*
*Andrew Leech
*