[linux-dvb] DVB-C card anyone?

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Mon Jan 22 20:43:28 CET 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 04:55:11PM +0100, Henrik Gammelmark wrote:
>Hello all
>
>A friend and myself are thinking of switching to DVB-C with MythTV
>instead of the standard analogue tuners we have now.
>We have a few questions however:
>- Which (PCI-based) tunercard should we choose, and why?
>- Does all CAMs work with all tuner cards? (we realise that the type of
>reader depends on the content provider)
>- Does MythTV require anything from the card except valid drivers?

No, not really

>We have found a few candidates, but not sure what to look out for,
>and which to choose (if any of these at all):
>- Technotrend Budget C-1500

This is the card I use together with MythTV and a AlphaCrypt CAM module.
It works fine, provided that a recent version of MythTV is used (there
were a number of patches applied during the last month, some of which I
wrote, which improved the AlphaCrypt support alot).

Do you know which crypto system your provider uses? (it will be
important for your choice of CAM module)

--
David Härdeman