[linux-dvb] Afatech 9015 & QT1010

Andrew Leech andrew at floppyspongeonline.com
Fri Jan 26 01:43:06 CET 2007

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Zsolt ha escrit:
>>
>> are you shure you need the i2c stuff? is the af9015 not more like the
>> twinhandtv (vp7045) as the af9005? just guessed :-)
> Yes, he does: with the af9015, like with the af9005, it is
> responsibility of the driver to talk to the tuner via i2c, the
> firmware doesn't abstract the tuner.
> At least according to the documentation.
> However implementing the i2c stuff is not that difficult.
>
> Bye
Yeah, early in the documentation it appears that the af9015 does handle
all the tuner stuff for you, but when examining the source code it is
simply that they've written routines to handle it all, and they've made
it fit into the rest of the source code very neatly....which makes it a
bit tougher to work out what's handling what, but at least I do have
some sample code to work from.

Oh well, I'll keep plugging away at it I guess.