[linux-dvb] Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T Stick frontend problems

Simon Keimer skeimer at gmx.net
Sat Jan 27 12:23:03 CET 2007

hi,

I own a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T Stick which I cannot manage to work.

lsusb gives me the following:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 045e:007d Microsoft Corp. Notebook Optical Mouse
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0483:2016 SGS Thomson Microelectronics Fingerprint
Reader
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 005: ID 2040:7060 Hauppauge
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

I use kernel 2.6.19.2 so I changed the device id hardcoded in dvb-usb-ids.h to
7060.

When I now plug in the stick dmesg states the following:

usb 4-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
dib0700: loaded with support for 2 different device-types
dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in cold state, will try to load a
firmware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw'
dib0700: firmware started successfully.
dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T Stick).
dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick'
dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized and connected.
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

Why is there no frontend chosen?

Thanks for any help in advance, Simon

--
Simon Keimer