[linux-dvb] Possible bug in cx88-dvb?

David Härdeman david at hardeman.nu
Thu Jul 5 10:53:39 CEST 2007

On Wed, July 4, 2007 16:06, Hanno Zulla wrote:
> On my system, there is a visible skip of video output when this shows up
> the syslog. Very annoying.

When I was playing around with the IR handling code of the budget-ci
driver, I added some debug printk's to the driver and as soon as they
fired I saw skipping video.

It turned out that the printk's themselves added enough latency in a fast
path to upset the kernel/driver/card. So if the messages are harmless,
perhaps you could (as a test to rule this theory out) try to compile the
driver with the "cx88_wakeup: blabla" printk removed?

--
David Härdeman