[linux-dvb] saa7146_i2c_writeout: timed out waiting for end of xfer

Manfred Petz pm at deuromedia.at
Mon Jul 9 12:17:22 CEST 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-26 at 10:22 +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> Dear list,
> since post 2.6.19 I keep getting flooded with
> saa7146_i2c_writeout: timed out waiting for end of xfer

i'm experiencing a similar problem. using with latest hg dvb
driver (knc-1 dvb-s) everything works. though, from at least
on, with the same kernel config and same hardware (same dvb drivers), i
get those i2c timeouts and, when doing 'modprobe budget-av', not all
cards get deteced.

  kernel: KNC1-5: Could not read MAC from KNC1 card
  kernel: saa7146_i2c_writeout: timed out waiting for end of xfer
  last message repeated 7 times
  budget-av: A frontend driver was not found for device 1131/7146 subsystem 1894/0016

since i'm using the same dvb driver, that problem seems to be triggered
somewhere else.