[linux-dvb] Nova-HD-S2 (WINTV-HVR4000)

Rüdiger Follmann follmann at imst.de
Thu Jul 12 17:08:13 CEST 2007

Dear list,

using Steve Toths driver and the latest patches (stoth-11.diff) I can get my
Nova-HD-S2 running fine in DVB-S1 mode. Obviously, I also can tune to a
DVB-S2 channel (has lock)  such as Pro7HD. However, a cat
/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 does not deliver any information. Tuning to a DVB-S1
channel, I can record the TS to harddisk using the above command. My
question is: Which part of DVB-S2 using that card is working? Is it only the
tuner (szap tells me it has got a lock), is demodulator support missing, or
am I simply doing something wrong? I am using opensuse 10.2 (kernel version
2.6.18.8).
Thanks for any help.
Rudi