[linux-dvb] How to achieve persistent DVB-S tuning?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu Jul 12 17:59:22 CEST 2007

Wade J. Weppler wrote:

>I'm trying to get szap (or dvbtune) to maintain a lock, even after dvbtune or szap have been closed.
>
>Whenever I tune to a transponder, it gets a lock, and then I close the application and open up dvbsnoop.  Dvbsnoop will work for a few seconds, and then no further data will be available.  I then have to re-run dvbtune or szap to get another lock.
>
>I've used applications other than dvbsnoop, like mplayer, etc., and I have the same issue.
>
>I'm using a SkyStar2 DVB-S, running on a Fedora 7 box.

it's how drivers are supposed to work: if the frontend is closed tuning
is lost.
Why is it a problem keeping szap or dvbtune running? They won't eat your
food :-)

 Sponsor:
 Problemi di Liquidità? Con Logos Finanziaria 30.000 € in 24 ore a dipendenti e lavoratori autonomi con rimborsi fino a 120 mesi clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2907&d=12-7