[linux-dvb] Pinnacle Dual DVB-T diversity

treza@chez.com treza at chez.com
Mon Jul 16 14:24:04 CEST 2007

I've been using this driver for more 5 months, around 1 hour per day with Kaffeine.
Kaffeine did hang now and then but I never had any kernel oops, I don't think I had to replug the device... so, there are good signs, but no guarantee.

The two frontends are available but the diversity stuff is not yet handled, I hope I'll have some time next month. The signal quality is as such not better than other devices.

This driver works with :
- Pinnacle Dual DVB-T diversity
- Terratec Cinergy DT USB XS diversity ( as reported by Tim Köhler )
- Hauppauge Nova TD USB ( as reported by Janne Grunau )

If anyone has one of these devices :
- Emtec S830 Diversity (there is a DibCom logo on the box :-)
- Techgear diversity TV Stick

... [s]he should give it a try as well (with the correct USB ID values...)

Just my 2 euro-cents.

Treza

>Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:06:40 +0200
>From: "Henrik Beckman" <henrik.list at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Pinnacle Dual DVB-T diversity
>To: "Janne Grunau" <janne-dvb at grunau.be>, linux-dvb
><linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>

>Interesting, does the diversity feature with dual antennas work?
>Let us know if it works better than the nova-t 500, I suspect it should (or
>atleast be machine dependand) since it?s a USB stick and don?t have it?s own
>USB controller.

>/Henrik

>On 7/15/07, Janne Grunau <janne-dvb at grunau.be> wrote:
>>
>> On Friday 23 February 2007 09:30:30 treza at chez.com wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > A patch for the "Pinnacle Dual DVB-T diversity" USB device
>> > can be found at
>> > "www.chez.com/treza/mt2266.htm"
>>
>> attached are two simple patches. The first one adds support for the
>> Hauppauge Nova TD USB stick and the second one is a kconfig fix to
>> select the MT2266 if dib0700 is enabled.
>>
>> Janne

------------------------ ALICE C'EST ENCORE MIEUX AVEC CANAL+ LE BOUQUET ! ---------------
Découvrez vite l'offre exclusive ALICEBOX et CANAL+ LE BOUQUET, en cliquant ici http://alicebox.fr
Soumis à conditions.