[linux-dvb] Technotrend S2-3600 HDTV-S2 USB 2.0

Nick Andrew nick-linuxtv at nick-andrew.net
Tue Jul 17 02:34:12 CEST 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 08:45:25AM +0900, timecop wrote:
> So my question is, why even bother with the Linux driver.

Because I got linux for free, I got the driver for free (thanks
Aapo & others), just had to put a little time into it myself,
kaffeine and KDE were also free. Not only free to acquire, but I'm
free to run them, study and modify them, share them and publish my
own modifications.

Contrast with Microsoft, where everything's proprietary and
obscure/undocumented. Expensive, no freedom to share or study;
I don't want to have to deal with "Windows Genuine Advantage"
or "Vista UAC". Windows ... is a dodgy platform. Always has
been. No thanks.

Nick.