[linux-dvb] Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S-Plus - multiple read accesses impossible

Fabian Förg fabian.foerg at gmx.de
Tue Jul 24 14:50:50 CEST 2007

in newer kernel releases multiple read accesses on the Hauppauge WinTV
Nova-S-Plus are impossible.
Thus, the command line femon is for example unable to open the DVB
device when VDR is running:

$ fuser -v /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

                   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
                   myuser     5073 F.... vdr

$ femon
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0'
opening frontend failed: Device or resource busy

I encounterd this issue with kernel and the current Ubuntu
feisty kernel (2.6.20.x).
Older kernels allowed multiple accesses. However, I can't test which
ones, because I replaced
my system board some time ago, and older kernels don't contain the
necessary drivers for the board.